We are cosponsoring a virtual meeting with Temple University Institute on Disabilities for self advocates on Wednesday, November 1, 2023.
The meeting is about The Rehabilitation Act. This is a law that was passed 50 years ago. It ensures that the rights of people with disabilities are protected in specific areas. One important part of this law is known as Section 504.
The government wants to make changes to Section 504. The changes are meant to make sure that people with disabilities are treated fairly in healthcare and not discriminated against.
The meeting is specifically for self advocates and will present updates to Section 504 that will affect self advocates.
Meeting Details (Flyer for Meeting in PDF format)
- Date: Wednesday, November 1, 2023
- Time: 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Audience: Self-Advocates only
- Zoom Link: temple.zoom.us/j/96076202071
- Zoom meeting support will be available
- Email requests for reasonable accommodations to email@example.com no later than 5 p.m. on Friday, October 27
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.