The Council engages in advocacy, systems change, and capacity building with people with developmental disabilities and their families in order to:
- Support people with disabilities in taking control of their own lives
- Ensure access to goods, services, and supports
- Support communities so that all people belong
- Empower people with all disabilities
- Promote the understanding of the life experiences of people with disabilities
- Pursue equity for all people
We envision a commonwealth where all people are valued and thrive.