- This event has passed.
August Self Advocate Spotlight Series
August 16 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Speaker: Domonique Howell
The Pennsylvania Developmental Disabilities Council invites you to join us for our Self Advocate Spotlight Series to hear from individuals with developmental disabilities and the remarkable things they are doing to make Pennsylvania a better place to live.
At the August virtual spotlight session, Domonique Howell will tell us about founding and hosting Momma Chronicles Too. Momma Chronicles Too is a support and self advocacy group for mothers with disabilities. They discuss topics such as medical and systems advocacy, and disability rights for parents with disabilities and their children.
- Why did she start Momma Chronicles Too?
- Who should attend Momma Chronicles Too?
- What changes happened for the group during COVID-19?
- What advocacy topics does Momma Chronicles Too work on?
- What advice does she have on advocating for your rights and the rights of your children?
Do you have accessibility needs? Requests for accommodations must be made at least 14 days prior to the event (by August 2nd). To request accommodations, please email RA-PWPADDC@pa.gov or call toll free: 1-877-685-4452.