- This event has passed.
Creative Community Living Options : Building Awareness and Capacity in Response to the Sexual Abuse of People with Developmental Disabilities
June 27 @ 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
Individuals with developmental disabilities are at a significantly higher rate (4 to 10 times) of being victims of sexual abuse then the general population.
Too often signs of sexual abuse are not recognized and reporting protocol is unclear.
- “Do I call the police?””
- “I’m not sure what really happened.”
- “The police won’t be able to understand the person.”
- “These cases never seem to go to court, so why bother”?
These are just a few of the reasons why the sexual abuse is not reported.
A response to these and other frequently made comments will be discussed with law enforcement and prosecutors.
The training will also address:
- Understanding the differences between healthy sexuality and sexual abuse
- The role of law enforcement
- How cases are prosecuted
- Resources and supports for victims of sexual abuse
- What should you do if you think your son or daughter is being sexually abused or assaulted.
Limited Seating, Registration Required
Lunch is provided for Philadelphia Residents
There is a $15 fee for those living outside of Philadelphia
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call our Events Line: (267) 702-1601 to register