- This event has passed.
AAC Talks 2022: The Power of Language – Online
Join PATTAN’s fourth annual AAC Talks web conference designed to provide practical ideas, strategies, and resources for making connections and engaging students with complex communication needs. This year’s theme, the power of language, is meant to inspire participants to consider creative solutions and new ways of thinking about AT implementation that promotes the development of language and literacy for empowering our students who use augmentative-alternative communication systems.
National and local presenters will discuss a variety of topics including:
- ways to engage learners with complex communication needs,
- starting points for collecting data on students’ progress,
- specific strategies to go beyond requesting,
- techniques to incorporate into everyday communicative contexts, and,
- how to customize displays to support the student’s AAC use, and their access to the device.
Schoology is the primary platform for the conference. The code needed for joining the AAC Talks Schoology course for the web conference is provided in the registration confirmation email.