The Council engages in advocacy, systems change and capacity building for people with developmental disabilities and their families in order to:
- Support people with disabilities in taking control of their own lives
- Ensure access to goods, services, and supports
- Build inclusive communities
- Pursue a cross-disability agenda
- Change negative societal attitudes towards people with disabilities
In so doing we will bring about benefits to individuals with disabilities other than developmental disabilities and, indeed, to all people.